Hello

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 7, Almost to Heaven!



Day 7 had the usual ups and downs. As always, I get very tired around 4am, and even worse around 8am. Once I make it through the 11am nap, however, I feel completely fine. I guess I have to break my Cicadean rythem, which takes a bit longer.
I still do not dream very much during my naps. I guess I am still not at that level of adaptation yet, though I am looking forward to it. Most of my naps (especially late at night) are just blank. They differ greatly from some feeling like brief blackouts to others that seem to last many hours.
Lately I will sometimes wake up mid-nap and go back to sleep for the remainder. I find it very strange that I wake up 10 minutes after falling asleep and then have to go back to sleep for the remaining 10. These naps never provide very much rest.
Last night I got back into my old hobby: bread baking! In undergraduate school I used to bake bread sometimes, but I have not had the time/motivation to do it lately. Now I have hours of extra time (necessary to let the bread rise) with little to do. Every morning I can now have fresh bread! Last night I made a Portuguese sweet bread. It is a pretty simple yeast bread that is easy to make. In the future, I plan on making some more exotic and exciting breads, so you will have to check back to see what I come up with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment