Hello

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 4, ready for more!



My roommates have been trying to grind my gears about this whole polyphase thing for the last day or so. They started recording video blogs claiming to be doing polyphase when they obviously do not. Something about getting "polyphasic babes" I think... I guess they are trying to reap the rewards without putting up with the pain. One actually stayed up, took one 20 minute nap, then went to sleep at 5am and slept in until noon. Obviously they are not going to put any serious effort into adapting.

At this point I am getting used to taking naps. My body is able to fall asleep very quickly and waking up is not a problem at all. However, I have still not had a single dream since I started polyphasing, nearly 90 hours ago.

I noticed this morning that the eye lag and dryness is starting to get pretty bad. It was taking all my effort to focus my eyes and started getting pretty painful. It was even to the point where I found myself with one eye opened to avoid the energy needed to focus without falling asleep.

The feelings of time distortion and transience are starting to get interesting. Now that I am sleeping more soundly for the naps, the feeling of time passage has increased during them. This past weekened seemed like it was about 2 weeks long, so going back to work today felt like I just returned from a vacation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment